Monday, November 3, 2008

Best weekend ever

It was the best weekend ever. Ok, well atleast the best weekend in a long time. First, this weekend I worked zero hours. That never happens!! Also, it was Halloween which is one of my favorite days of the year. I made an adorable Dorothy and Vanessa and I had a great time at the party we attended. Although we did spend about 45 minutes driving in circles because Vanessa thought she was smarter than MapQuest. Smarter than me? Definitely. Smarter than most people? Sure. Smarter than MapQuest? Not quite...



Saturday, I woke up suprisingly not hungover. I met my mom for lunch. She had a delicious looking cheeseburger. I had an ice tea. (Taco Bell challenge, remember?) Then we headed to the Oriental Theater to see Wicked. I bought her two tickets for her birthday and was lucky that she chose me to be her date. She loved it and I loved it even more than the first time. I guess the company was better this time!!

I followed my afternoon of being all-civilized-like at the theater with some tacos. Although I am still loving the Taco Bell challenge, I am so incredibly thirsty. I don't even want to look up how much salt is in my delicious Taco Bell. After the tacos, some of my Indiana crew came out to my house to play dice. It was great to hang out with my peeps. These are my old-school, I-would-do-anything-for-them friends. These are the friends that you can wear sweats and your glasses in front of. And I did. And, I also won thirty-seven bucks! Go, me!


Sunday was Doug day. Every day should be Doug day. Doug is my favorite ex-roomie of all time. He also tends to bring beer wherever he goes. Doug doesn't disappoint.



One highlight of my Dougday-Sunday was Indy's win over the Pats. I am addicted to football and this year has been decidely negative so far. But beating the Pats? That's all I need in this world. Well, that, Doug and the beer.



We continued with the beer after football and watched a few episodes of Entourage, which is my new favorite incredibly offensive show. After yelling at the TV for the previous two hours, it was nice to just shut up and laugh.



Shut up and laugh. I think those are words to live by.

No comments: