Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Nobody's doing any real work today anyway...

Because I've been completely overwhelmed in both my professional and personal lives, I have neglected the blog. But since today is The-Best-Day-Of-The-Year-Eve, and I'm too excited about tomorrow to do any real work, and I've read every other blog on the planet, and 90% of the University is shut down so there's really nothing to do here but wait for my boss to leave so I can sneak out, I have decided to spend the time blogging.

So here goes...
Professionally: After being wooed and courted by three different people, I have accepted a new position. A new badass position. Although I feel horrible and more than a little heartbroken to break up with my current boss, I am really excited about this new position and can't wait to start come the first of the year.


Personally: So I guess I have to begin with the reason I haven't blogged in a while. I have recently been a total and complete trainwreck following a personal tragedy that I still can't quite wrap my head around. My grief is insignificant in comparison to what my mother and our oldest family friends are going through. I find it amazing and inspiring that they can continue to function as human beings at this point. I hope that someday soon I can find some beauty in the life that was, but, frankly I'm too pissed off right now.

Michele, when you read this, please know I am eternally grateful for you letting me snot on your shirt and for bringing me shots while I was sitting on the dirty bathroom floor when I had my nervous breakdown. You are the best!

Now, on to better stuff. And quickly!

  • I discovered my new favorite hot dog and french fry hotspot the other day with Sunny and haven't had that much fun or laughed so hard in a long, long time.
  • We had an 86th birthday party for my Grandma & she got wasted. It was classic.
  • Michele, Vanessa and I tore up the dance floor at a wedding Saturday night. Vanessa was a perfect date! I'm super glad she came - and drove!
  • Today is The-Best-Day-Of-The-Year-Eve.
  • Tomorrow is The-Best-Day-Of-The-Year.

Why is tomorrow The-Best-Day-Of-The-Year? Thanksgiving.

Four hundred and forty-three years ago some pilgrims and some Indians came together to invent a day to celebrate my Mom's cooking. It is her day. No one in the world could convince me to be anywhere than at her kitchen table tomorrow. It is indescribable. It is holy. It is all things happiness and light. It is The-Best-Day-Of-The-Year!! And for anybody not sitting at my mom's kitchen table tomorrow, your life is lacking, incomplete and meaningless. And I truly feel sorry for you.

But I wish you all the happiest holiday anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im a mom. i can handle the snot on the shirt. see you saturday?

Anonymous said...

This is not a request. This is a DEMAND. Leftovers. Sunday.