Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Land

So while the rest of the world is all doom and gloom, and layoffs and firings, and banks going under, etc, I am in “Happy Land”.

I am in week two of my new badass position. I landed this badass position at exactly the right time. Last week my former employer laid off 1.2 million dollars worth of salaried employees in one day. I find that number staggering, scary and really, profoundly sad.

That being said, I now work in “HappyLand”. We have had an ABBA dance party, my new Dean is throwing me a “Welcome-to-your-new-badass-position-pizza-party”, we eat French toast and drink chocolate milk, we make embarrassing You-Tube videos of us playing rock band, and –get this- we have Gummi Flintstones vitamins for the office and they are delicious. My boss is adorable and my coworker is a rockstar. The only downside of this new, badass position is that my huuuuuge window is street-level, so I have to be very careful about when I pick my nose.



No comments: