Thursday, April 23, 2009

today's latest obsession: self



one of my closests friends just called me out on one of my (many and varied) flaws. it is among those that i am aware of and working on.

immediately following, i received this email from the caller-outter:

wow. that was really fucking rude and totally unfair. i get the asshole of the day award, for sure. can we just pretend that never happened?

here's my dilemma: i want to pretend that it never happened and go on about my day. problem is he said it. it's out there. i know, not only, am i flawed in a fundamental way. but also, i know now that he is aware of this hideous flaw.

i will obsess over this until someone threatens me with bodily harm to stop obsessing over this. that is also a flaw of mine, but not one i'm working on. today.



No comments: