Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby Steps


Call me weird, but I was really looking forward to turning 30. I counted down the days a year and a half ahead of time. I thought that when 30 hit, it would be like *poof* you're an adult. Turns out, it doesn't work that way.
So, I've decided to institute a plan to induct myself into adulthood. These are all baby steps and this is only the beginning. See the plan below.
  • Clean my car. I do this annually every November, but I forgot last year.
  • Balance my checkbook. This is a very adult thing to do that hasn't been done since 2003.
  • Stop drinking liquor directly from the bottle (unless it is in a paper bag).
  • Grocery shop regularly (and not out of my Mom's fridge).
  • Limit ice cream for dinner to once a week, unless there is a special occasion.
  • Remember to call my friends more regularly, especially the pregnant crazy one.
  • Stop watching "Hannah Montana". This one will be difficult, but necessary.
  • Use prescription medicine when it's prescribed, not for fun.
  • Watch the news (instead of "Hannah Montana").
  • Buy a fish and care for said fish. It will teach me responsibility and foster my maternal instinct. Yeah right.
  • Stop considering the clothes on the top of the dirty laundry pile as "kinda clean".
  • Open a savings account (to save up for the fish's college tuition).
  • Don't burp in public.
  • Make more lists.

This is only the beginning, people. Let the metamorphosis begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL

carrie ann said...

you can't stop drinking liquor from the bottle. that's your signature move!

Anonymous said...

Lol Jay Jay, you are as perfect the way you are, what's the fun in completely growing up? As long as you believe you are an 'adult' why should it matter ha?

jaysie said...

Chacha, you only think I'm perfect because you're my mini-me and you want to be perfect too. In truth, we're both fucked up. We just choose to ignore it and pretend we're princesses of the galaxy.