Monday, September 29, 2008

In a very adult fashion...

Yesterday evening, I played the part of an adult. (giggle)

My work BBF, Sunny, had recently injured her foot. So instead of having fun on the treadmill or elipitical at the gym, we were forced to try something low impact, something boring... the stationary bike.


But Sunny & I just can't be bored pedaling along on a stationary bike, right? No. That would be no fun. So she whipped out the sweater she's making and I, my scarf, then we proceeded to pedal and knit. Knitting at the gym didn't cause quite the stir I had hoped for. Nobody even cared. Maybe knitting's not as cool as I thought. Hmm.

We followed this most arduous of workouts with a trip to Pilsen for fajitas and margaritas. Then I skipped off home to make the call to Cowboy. After three failed attempts to dial the phone and a shot of tequila for courage, I made the call. Voicemail. Instead of freaking out and hanging up, this is what I did:

"Hi, it's me. I like you and want to go out on a date with you on Sunday. I've got a great plan and think it will be fun. Let me know. OKbye."

So, to recap... Workout: check. Knit: check. Non-cereal dinner: check. Ask a boy out: check.

All in all, a very adult day for me. I get a gold star.

1 comment:

lacey said...

What about Cowboy? What happenedzzz?