Saturday, October 18, 2008

Barnes, Wisconsin, Population: 392

I ran away from work. To Barnes, which is a tiny little town waayyyy up in Northern Wisconsin where I spent my summers as a kid.


This was my first trip up during anything other than the summer months. I feel extremely fortunate to have been able to take this trip for many reasons:


1. It kept me from committing homicide on the colleague-type-person mentioned in the previous post.


2. It was awesome to be in the woods with all the fall colors changing.


3. I got to bring the best "off in the woods" buddy ever.


4. I got to babysit three cool dogs.



5. Paddleboatin' with beer is good for the soul.


6. Bear huntin' with beer as bait is even better for the soul.




7. Reverse strip rummy is my new favorite game, especially when it comes to wearing a plush moose head belted to your booty (ie: Moose-Caboose)



8. Cheesehats make the world a much better place.




No comments: