Friday, October 3, 2008

NO BAILS!!

Four weeks ago, my friend Tee, got a gym membership where Sunny and I work out. Everyday he promises to go with. Everyday he finds some excuse not to. Whether his experiment runs long, or he forgets his brace or his shoes, it's always something. He bails.

Sunny and I have taken to approaching him midday and chanting "No Bails" at him. "No Bails" has become a catchphrase! (Can it actually be a catchphrase if only two people are using it?? Anyway...) I'm pretty sure Tee is going to bail on the gym again today. And that makes me wish I could bail on my weekend. But as one of the co-creators of the "No Bails" slogan that is sweeping the nation (or at least the third floor of our building) I feel like I am held to that policy myself. Although, in case you didn't catch it earlier, I really want to bail on my weekend.

Here's the deal: I live in Chicago. I live in Chicago for all the restaurants and activities and fun things to do on the weekends and the great public transportation. However, this weekend, I will be driving an hour to one suburb for lab tests. Then I'm driving an hour to another suburb to have lunch with my brother and his girlfriend. Then I'm driving another hour to another suburb to meet up with some friends. Then the hour ride home. That's Saturday. Sunday, I have to go drive an hour to meet Cowboy for dinner. That's a lot of driving. To lots of places that aren't Chicago. And while these were all things I was looking forward to (well, minus the labs), it just seems like a bit much for one weekend.

I just want to lounge around, drink beer and watch football. I want to bail. Whoever created this "No Bails" policy is bullshit.

1 comment:

happy cat says whaaaat said...

I'm just saying there's a time and place for bails. And ain't no one gonna come chase you in your car yelling 'no bails'.


word.